The KMS307W combines the advantages of non wetted capacitive electrodes, a ceramic liner and the a powerful signal converter. This electromagnetic flowmeter can be used for noisy applications, low conductivities, mediums tending to form an insulating film, applications with high vibrations, and oxidizing, abrasive and toxic mediums.
Instead of conventional electrodes that have a direct contact with the process liquid, KMS307W has a non-contacting capacitive signal pick-up. The electrodes are designed as large-area capacitor plates, mounted behind the ceramic liner. Because the electrodes have no contact with the medium, unwanted catalytic action with metallic parts is eliminated. A second benefit is that the insulation of electrodes no longer forms a risk. In case of a medium that tends to form a non conductive surface coating on the tube wall, the signal pick up between medium and electrodes will not be interrupted.
The smooth and pore free ceramic tube construction does not leak and is CIP / SIP resistant, making it highly suitable for hygienic applications in for example the food & beverage and pharmaceutical industry. It is very hard, non permeable and has an extreme and broad chemical resistance, fulfilling requirements of the chemical industry.
The construction of the KMS307W offers an absolute leak tight solution, because leakage through the liner and leakage along the electrodes is not possible. The S300 converter as standard includes extensive diagnostics of the process and meter and powerful filter settings for stable flow measurements.
- The Latest ‘Capacitive Mag’ Technology
- Unsurpassed performance in the most difficult applications
- No electrodes in contact with medium which means:
- ‘No Coating of electrodes’
- ‘No Wearing of electrodes’
- ‘No Corrosion of electrodes’
- No cleaning or ongoing maintenance required
- Extremely hard wearing high performance ceramic liner
- Will work on liquids with practically no conductivity
- Suitable for CIP & SIP cleaning
- Stable measurement in the noisiest of applications
- Operation in liquids with up to 70% solids content