The Admix Mini Mag is a low-cost Electromagnetic Flowmeter designed for the economical measurement of chemical liquid admixtures and any other conductive liquid. The 15 and 20mm sizes output 1000 pulses per Litre (1 pulse / 1 ml), making them a direct replacement option for MES20 admixture flowmeters in applications where there is a high content of solids in the measured liquid. Liquids with an electrical conductivity of at least 20S/cm can be measured. The processor/electronics is integrated with the flowmeter sensor, so these two elements form a very compact package.
The Admix Mini Mag is available in three sizes: 15, 20 and 25mm connections i.e. 1⁄2”, 3⁄4”,1” with 8mm, 12mm and 20mm bores respectively. With no moving parts, and an obstruction-free bore, this type of flowmeter is ideal for measuring a wide range of liquids up to a temperature of 40C, with no head losses and virtually no ongoing maintenance. The Admix Mini Mag is ideal for measurement of admixtures in concrete batch plants, flowrate and total and general process batching applications.
Density of the liquid, its temperature or its pressure have virtually no influence on the measurement accuracy.
Admix Mini Mag is powered by +12 to 24VDC supply, and can be used directly with the complete range of ManuFlo or any other Instrumentation e.g. ManuFlo ME995 and ME3000 Batch Controllers, ME2008 and UIC interface boards, FRT303 and ME5 indicators.
The operation of electromagnetic flow meters is based on Faraday’s Law of Induction. A voltage is induced in a conductor as it movesthrough a magnetic field. This principle is applied in the Admix Mini Mag design. The voltage induced in the flowing liquid, is measured at two electrodes & is proportional to average flow velocity. The microprocessor then scales this signal voltage to read in digital units.
- Very compact and light weight design in sizes 15mm (1⁄2”), 20mm (3⁄4”) & 25mm (1”).
- 1000 pulses/Litre (15, 20mm sizes), 500 pulses/Litre (25mm size).
- 15 and 20mm models are directly interchangeable with MES20 20mm flowmeters.
- Measurement range 0.2 to 10 m/s @ +/- 2%.
- PVDF lined sensor, Stainless Steel 316 electrodes with integrated grounding rings.
- BSP (male) threaded end connections. Supplied with BSP (female) couplings.
- Virtually maintenance free, with no moving parts.
- Accuracy is unaffected by varying viscosity or specific gravity of liquids.
- 12 to 24 VDC powered (can be directly powered from ManuFlo devices, has LEDs for pulse and power indication
- Easy plug-in wiring connections via M12 plug and socket set, 5m cable & IP65 rating.