RPFS : ROTA PULSE FLOW SENSOR – Universal Slip Insertion Paddlewheel (for pipes 20 to 500mm dia.)
The Rota Pulse Flow Sensor (RPFS) paddlewheel insertion type flowmeter uses a proven principle of flow measurement, which is used worldwide. The RPFS comes in six model variants:
- RPFS-P transistor pulse output (M12 plug) rated to 50°C
- RPFS-H transistor pulse output (molded cable) rated to 120°C
- RPFS-H-LS as per RPFS-H except Long Stem version for pipes >110mm
- RPFS-L Inductive coil pulse output (molded cable) rated to 120°C
- RPFS-L-LS as per RPFS-L except Long Stem version for pipes >110mm
- RPFS-LOD with contact closure volt free pulse output, rated to 110°C
Since the RPFS Flow Sensor was first manufactured in 1984, over 35,000 units are now in use worldwide. They are used in a large variety of applications, including measurement of fresh and recycled water in concrete batch plants, measurement of water irrigation, salt water, chlorinated water and countless other low viscosity liquid measurement processes
RPFS-P, RPFS-LOD, RPFS-H & RPFS-H-LS sensors can be connected direct to PLCs, ManuFlo ME995 preset batch controllers or FRT303 Flowrate/Totalisers, or just about any other process controller/indicator device.
The ManuFlo UIC universal pulse scaler card allows scaling / conversion of the output pulse to individual requirements – ideal for PLC inputs of DC NPN/PNP or AC ‘triac’ types.
Pulses can be scaled down or factored to a desired engineering unit, to cater for slow counting PLCs.
The RPFS-L, RPFS-L-LS ( long stem versions) inductive coil sensors are energy misers suitable for low current requirements and are ideal for battery powered applications using FRT303 or ME5 or other battery powered Indicators with built in Op Amps. (up to 150m away).
The RPFS-LOD has it’s own in-built OP-amp with a volt free square wave output switching inputs up to 100vdc, making them ideal for inputs to remote data loggers with zero current draw. The high rate of pulses are ideal for precision flowrate / monitoring apps.
- ± 2.5% accuracy @ velocity range 0.5 to 8.5 m/sec.
- ± 1 % accuracy over linear range 0.7 to 7.0 m/sec.
- Repeatability of ±0.6%.
- NPN inductive pulse with internal amplification.
- Square wave output with short circuit protection.
- Inductive coil pulse option for low current applications.
- Contact closure (volt free) pulse output option
- 50°C or 120°C temperature models.
- Simple installation and maintenance.
- Large range of pipe adapter fittings in sizes 20mm to 500mm.
- Stainless Steel 17-4PH paddlewheel rotor without magnets.
- Australian made since 1984.