RPFS : ROTA PULSE FLOW SENSOR – Slip Insertion Paddlewheel
All model variants insert directly into a large range of pipe adapter fittings available in PVC, Galvanized Iron, Brass, Stainless Steel or Polypipe materials, covering pipe sizes 20 to 110mm (standard sizes). This makes the RPFS suitable for a wide range of liquid flow measurement, monitoring and batching applications. Using the BSPB & BSPSS fittings adaption to larger size pipes is possible depending on pipe wall thickness, alternatively the Long Stem (-LS) versions with adaptors are then used.
With only one moving part and limited intrusion into the pipe, and combined with its flow-through design, the RPFS allows accurate measurement of liquid flows with virtually no head losses.
Each of the 4 blades of the rotor (paddlewheel) extends approximately one centimetre into the flowing liquid. The RPFS-P sensor generates a square wave pulse with the frequency output proportional to flow velocity and proportional to pipe diameter. The RPFS-P incorporates internal amplification, allowing pulse transmission up to 1000 metres to the receiver device. The RPFS-P model is specially constructed with a metal shielding jacket making it immune to electrical interference.
Magnets are not used in the RPFS models, thereby eliminating iron particles jamming the rotor. The alloy rotor used also makes the RPFS less susceptible to interference from turbulence and particles hitting the rotor, thereby giving superior flow results.
- ± 2.5% accuracy @ velocity range 0.5 to 8.5 m/sec.
- ± 1 % accuracy over linear range 0.7 to 7.0 m/sec.
- Repeatability of ±0.6%.
- NPN inductive pulse with internal amplification. • Square wave output with short circuit protection.
- Inductive coil pulse option for low current applications.
- High Pressure options to 2000kpa
- 50°C or 120°C temperature models.
- Simple installation and maintenance.
- Large range of pipe adapter fittings in sizes 20 to 110mm. (Larger pipe sizes to 500mm using “Long Stem” –LS version)
- Stainless Steel 17-4PH paddlewheel rotor without magnets. • Australian made since 1984. (Now with new high speed bush).