RPFS-LOD : ROTA PULSE FLOW SENSOR – Slip Insertion Paddlewheel with contact closure output
The RPFS-LOD paddlewheel pulse output flowmeters insert directly into a wide range of pipe adapter fittings available in PVC, Galvanized Iron, Brass, Stainless Steel or Polypipe materials, covering pipe sizes 15 to 100mm (standard sizes), and RPFS-LOD-LS for sizes 110-500mm.
This makes the RPFS-LOD series units ideal for a wide range of water / irrigation flow measurement, monitoring and batching for battery powered or low current requirement applications. IDEAL for DATALOGGERS/devices with input speeds to 300hz..
With only one moving part and limited intrusion into the pipe, and combined with its flow-through design, the paddlewheel allows accurate measurement of liquid flows with virtually no headloss.
Each of the four blades of the rotor (paddlewheel) extends approximately one centimetre into the flowing liquid. The RPFS-LOD sensor generates a contact closure pulse with the frequency output proportional to flow velocity and proportional to pipe diameter.
Unlike other models, Magnets are NOT used in the rotor, thereby eliminating iron particles attaching & jamming the rotor. The alloy rotor used makes the unit less susceptible to turbulence & particles hitting the rotor, therefore giving superior flow results.
- ± 2.5% accuracy @ velocity range 0.5 to 8.5 m/sec.
- ± 1.5% accuracy over linear range 0.7 to 7.0 m/sec.
- Repeatability of rate ± 0.6%.
- No external power supply is required for this model, ideal for operation in remote areas with Data-loggers etc.
- High Pulse output rate to 330hz. ideal for precision rate monitoring.
- Volt free contact closure (Open-Drain) output with superior switching performance.