MRTU4 : LCD Resettable counter flowmeters (Universal Slip Insertion Paddlewheel (for pipes 20 to 100mm dia.)
The MRTU4 resettable counter flowmeter is designed and manufactured in Australia by ManuFlo. The MRTU4 has a unique ‘quick release’ slip insertion stem section designed to be inserted to the ManuFlo 1” entry nipple adaptors (part BSPB etc) which allows the display head to be fitted to most 1” BSP female entries. Usually, the MRTU4 is pre-fitted with a ManuFlo ‘T’ piece pipe adapter. Adapters are available for a range of pipe sizes from 20 to 100 mm diameters, and the adapter range includes Galvanized Iron tees, Class18 Cat19 PVC high pressure tees, and saddle-clamp agricultural poly-pipe fittings, the advantage being we pre-install the MRTU4 for you on to the fitting and pre-calibrate on our NMI certified test rig (sizes 20mm – 100mm) to obtain the best K-factor value. Or optionally you may purchase our BSPB or BSPSS pipe adaptor nipples (1” BSP M external thread) in brass or optional version in 316 SS material.
The MRTU4 is suitable for medium to high flow range liquid flow measurement applications. Being internally battery powered, the unit is ideal in situations where no external power supply is accessible, making them totally portable resettable totaliser flowmeters and with optional pulse output to data logger or PLC. NOTE: As standard the pulse output is dormant when lid is closed. (Ideal for slumpstands where washout should not be registered if transmitting pulse to batch room).
The flowmeter’s only moving part (a stainless steel alloy rotor which turns as liquid flows past it) allows registration in Litres (L) on the 4 digit Liquid Crystal resettable display counter. The main body component, consisting of the electronic counter board, is housed in a robust ASA-UV resistant IP65 lower enclosure and ASA-UV upper enclosure. The LCD display is visible through the toughened Polycarbonate window and sealed by a recessed gasket and 4 stainless steel screws. A special scratch resistant film allows optimal reading even in the harshest conditions. The impact resistant ASA-UV lid protects the LCD from prolonged sun exposure, contaminants and breakage.
To operate, open the hinged lid and the previously recorded total will be present, open and close the lid again and the Liquid Crystal Display is zeroed ready for a new batch measurement. Liquid flow turning the rotor blades causes counting on the display. The internal lithium battery has a typical life of 8+ years depending on environmental conditions.
- 4 digit Large LCD resettable totalizer (20mm high digits)
- Total displayed in LITRES.
- Easy reset of total via flip top lid.
- ± 2.5% accuracy, at 0.7 – 8.0 m/s flow velocity
- Repeatability: ± 1.0%
- Onternal 3.6 v Lithium Battery (8+ year life).
- Max. Process Temperature 80 °C
- Max. Ambient Temperature 55 °C
- Max. Operating Pressure: PVC Tee’ options rated to 1100 kPaAll Metal Tee options are rated 1600 kPa
- With simple installation pipe fittings/adapters.
- For pipe sizes from 20 to 100 mm
- Optional pulse output, via M12 IP67 plug set
- New Robust ASA-UV IP65 Display housing
Dual Hinged robust lid protects LCD from sunlight.
- Slip insertion sensor design with locking cap allows simple removal from pipeline if cleaning rotor.
- Easy Access for re-calibration and user friendly smart 1 point re-calibration function –self calculation for a new K- factor.
- Optional External re-calibrate via Portable Device with RFID and EWM calibration software.
- Pulse Output is Disabled when lid is closed (code -PNL), or Live even when lid is closed (code –P).
- Option for continuous Live LCD (code -NS)